13 October 2008

Small town visit

This weekend I did something I've always wanted to do -- get in my car and drive, without a plan, without a pre-determined destination. I knew I wanted to head west, so I drove through the beautiful Virginia countryside and found myself in Strasburg, VA, about 60 miles from home. I checked into a brand new hotel (I was the first person to sleep in my bed) and enjoyed this cute little town. I ate a big breakfast, sitting at the counter of the Hi Neighbor restaurant and I did plenty of antiquing. Sadly I didn't come home with any great finds, but I enjoyed the hunt.

I ended my short trip in Shenandoah National park where I drove along Skyline Drive. I went on a very brief hike, enjoyed the beginning of fall colors and saw an amazing sunset. The perfect end to a perfect impromptu trip.

1 comment:

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

what a cute little town. I can barely get myself across Oakton sometimes. I admire that, I need to just go away, and see if I come back.