10 March 2009

Warmer weather is coming

I'm ready for Spring and then Summer. The weather here has been nice lately and I'm so ready for winter to surrender to spring flowers, budding trees and days without wearing a coat. Here are some old pictures of me enjoying the warm weather of the Oregon summer when I was about 2 or 3. I'm not exactly sure where this carousel is. Maybe my mom can chime in and give some additional info. I don't remember loving this outfit, but I'm sure I did. I do now, that's for certain.
I remember the great summer family gatherings at my grandparents house. Grandma and Grandpa Stahr were excellent hosts and their patio was the perfect place to get together. Now that my parents live in their house, the patio is still a great place to host a party. Here are my parents, nearest to the fence, aunt Patty, her son Brad, and me.Uncle Ted and aunt Eleanor used to come visit from some far away state. Maybe Colorado, Arizona or California. Anyone in the family want to fill in this little detail? I always liked them and was amused that uncle Ted looked so much like my grandpa. And man, I had cute clothes when I was little. Where are those dresses now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little girl-I too love your clothes, wouldn't it be awesome to still have those gems...although you might look a little strange wearing them now. So you are ready for the spring and summer are you? Living here in San Diego has made me so confused about the seasons...are there seasons? I missed not having winter! Next year I may have to visit so that I can get my winter fix! And you should come over for early year long spring/summer!

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for a new post. I love to know what is going on in your life.