06 October 2009

On the Bay

We visited Richie's family in Fremont, CA next and enjoyed many beautiful spots in the Bay area. I regret not taking more pictures during our stay here, but I did get some good shots of our trip into San Francisco. We also visited Palo Alto, the Stanford campus, won lottery tickets to see the play Wicked and had some good family time.
Richie's family is wonderful and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better. They are warm, unassuming, generous, hilarious and just fun to be with. I felt right at home in their house and I'm grateful for their hospitality.

Here are some shots from San Francisco, mostly at Pier 39. It was a beautiful breezy and I ate soup in a warm sourdough bread bowl on the pier. We also saw the largest group of sea lions I've ever seen. They were especially smelly and quite mean to each other. But I did enjoy them posturing for a good spot on the deck.

No comments: